Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legal agreement between you and China-Link International Translation & Interpreting Centre. Please read it carefully. By using our services offered in this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions,unless otherwise specified.
- 1. “Company” “We”, “Us” or “Our” means China-Link International Translation & Interpreting Centre or its short form “China-Link Translation”(company registration number S52807312E) whose registered office is 71 Jurong West Central 3, #07-17, Jurong Point Shopping Mall, Singapore 648335.
- 2. “Client”, “You” or “Your” means any individual, business or body corporate that has entered into a Contract with us;
- 3. “Parties” means the Company and the Client;
- 4. “Text” means any file or document provided to the Company by the Client, including hardcopy and softcopy;
- 5. “Job” means any translation, interpreting, editing, proofreading, typesetting, copywriting assignment, or any other service that is carried out or provided by the Company.
2. General Principles
- 1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all services provided to you by us unless otherwise agreed upon between the Parties in writing.
- 2. Unless otherwise specified, all prices quoted by the Company are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and are exclusive of Goods and Service Tax (GST) and any other tax or duty.
- 3. Any Contract entered into by and between the Parties shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. However, in the event of any conflict between the stipulations of these Terms and Conditions and those of the Contract, the stipulations of the Contract shall prevail.
- 4. Information provided in our website, or otherwise in the advertisement is a general description of our services only and does not form part of the Contract until andunless it is confirmed by the Company in writing.
3. Quotation and Acceptance
- 1. To issue a binding quotation, the Company shall not quote a Job unless and until atext is provided by the Client. No quotation will be given on the phone without the text is furnished. The quotation shall remain valid for 60 days unless otherwise stated by the Company in the quotation..
- 2. The Company will not start to work on a Job until acceptance has been confirmed by the Client via fax or email.
- 3. The quotation and the acceptance thereof shall form a Contract that is binding upon the Parties.
- 4. The fee is quoted only for an order received from the Client, which shall be treated as a separate Contract. Any new or additional text shall be charged again accordingly.
- 1. A deposit is required for providing interpreting service in order to book our interpreter’s time. Her/she will not accept a Job offered by another agency after your deposit is paid.
- 2 The deposit must be received by the Company within 3 working days following the conclusion of a Contract, failing which, the Company will not be liable for the unavailability of an interpreter.
- 1. Where the Client requests amendments to a text already translated, an additional fee shall be charged by the Company on the added words for translation or on the editing of the entire amended file if no new words are added.
- 2. After a translation is done, it will be open for free amendments to the target language three times only, even after the payment has been made. $50 will be charged for each additional amendment thereafter. Minor changes here and there (accumulated to a few lines after being combined) to the source language will be translated on a complimentary basis but if new text comes to half a page or over 180 words, then a minimum $50 shall be charged.
- 1. The Company will endeavour to deliver a Job on time or earlier, and shall deduct the fee by a certain percentage agreed upon by the Parties should there be a substantial delay in delivery.
- 2. Should completion of a Job be required sooner than the agreed date, it will beentirely at the discretion of the Company to accept the new delivery date. While every effort will be made by the Company to cooperate with the Client, the Client must make reasonable allowance for any defects in the Job where such a request for a reduced lead-time has been made.Alternatively, the Company may take it asan urgent assignment and charge the Client an additional fee meant for urgent delivery.
- 3. Unless otherwise agreed upon by the Parties, all completed Jobs shall be delivered to the Client by email wherever practicable.
- 4. The Company will not accept any liability for the consequence of any delay in completion of a Job caused by the Client, in which event, any agreed deadline or schedule will automatically cease to be valid and new date of delivery must be negotiated by the Parties.
7. Cancellation or Suspension
- 1. If, for any reason, the Client cancels a translation Job after confirmation, payment shall be made for whatever has been translated at the unit rate given in the quotation or derived by dividing the total price by number of words/pages if such unit price is not available, plus a cancellation fee amounting to 30% of the total Contract price as compensation for the time we spent on the Job.
- 2. If, for any reason, the Client cancels an interpreting Job, 50% of the Contract price shall be paid if the Company is informed in writing of the cancellation no later than 14 days (not inclusive) prior to the date of the assignment, and the full price shall be paid if the Company is informed 14 days or less before the commencement of the Job.
- 3. If the Client suspends or postpones a Job that has been commissioned for a period of 3 working days or more, fee shall be payable for all the work completed up to the date of suspension or postponement..
- 1. All materials and confidential information provided to the Company by the Client in any form whatsoever shall be used by the Company solely for the purpose of translating to a language or languages designated by the Client. Without prior written consent of the Client, the Company shall not use these materials and information for any other purposes and shall take all necessary measures to ensure the security and non-disclosure of such materials and confidential information.
- 2. Our obligations on confidentiality contained under this clause shall survive the termination of a Contract howsoever caused.
9. Intellectual Property
- 1. All intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to copyright) in the text shall vest in you (or your licensors) but, for the avoidance of doubt, you hereby grant to us (and our sub-Contractors) a license to store and use the text during the term of the Contract and for the purpose of providing the service to you.
10. Non-Disclosure and Non-Solicitation
- 1. Where a Job calls for the Client’s personal contact with any of our translators or interpreters or researchers for clarification or discussion on the Job, or such contact is made either by phone or by email in order to get the Job done, the Client may not disclose to him/her our contract price or ask about the fee being paid to him/her.
- 2. While in contact with any of our translators or interpreters or researchers,the Client may not, for a period of one (1) year after termination of a Contract with us, either directly or indirectly, on its account or for any other person, firm or company, make any attempt to seduce or solicit or otherwise employ our translator or interpreter or researcher or ask him/her for his/her contact details for future communication. Without prior written consent of the Company, the Client may not contact with any of our translators, interpreters or researchers, directly or indirectly, for any future Jobs other than the present one, either by phone or by email.
- 3. In the event of breach of foregoing Section 10.2, the Client shall pay to the Company an amount equal to the aggregate remuneration paid by the Company to the translator or interpreter enticed away from us for the year immediately prior to thedate on which the Client employs or uses the service of such translator or interpreter. We reserve the right to complain or sue you if we discover that you have violated the stipulations of this clause.
11. Interpreting Service
- 1. Confirmation on requesting interpreting service shall be given at least two (2) weeksbefore the service is provided.
- 2. Our normal service duration is 8 hours from 9 am to 5 pm. Fee shall be charged for a service of minimum 4 hours or half a day. If the event exceeds the ending time stated above, additional fee will be charged at the hourly rate on an hourly basis even through the extended time does not reach one hour. Payment will be based on the total number of hours confirmed by the client in writing (e.g. Work Sheet) on the spot after the service is provided each day. There shall be 50% markup on the hourly charge after 5 pm each day.
- 3. For interpreting service, a 90% down payment is required within 3 working days of a Contract being concluded by the Parties for the purpose of booking the time of our interpreter(s).
- 4. The Client shall provide the relevant reference materials (Powerpoint slides, scripts, etc), if any, as early as practicable and in any event no later than forty-eight (48) hours before an interpreting Job is started so that interpreter(s) will be able to have enough time to familiarize themselves with the terminologies specific to that Job. No complaint regarding the quality of interpreting will be entertained by the Company ifsuch materials are not made available within the specified period of time.
- 5. A transportation allowance of minimum $60 per day shall be charged for a local assignment, and such allowance will be waived for an overseas assignment whereboard and lodging expenses as well as traveling expense will be borne by the Client. 11.6 In the event that no assignment is given by the Client on the date of service specified in the Contract, the contract price must still be paid in full.
12. Fees & Payment
- 1. All payments shall be made within 35 days from the date of invoice issued by the Company, and shall be made without deduction or set-off of bank charges.
- 2. In the event payment has not been received within the specified period of time abovementioned, an administration charge of S$80.00 will be applied after sixty (60) days and S$160 after ninety (90) days from the date of invoice. For foreign currencies, exchange rate available from www.xe.com shall apply.
- 3. Any fee not paid to the Company after the date the payment is due shall accrue interest at the rate of ten percent (10%) per month, compounded monthly or at the maximum lawful rate, whichever is less, from the due date until payment is received by the Company.
13. The Client’s Property
- 1. All texts provided to the Company by the Client will be held or dealt with by the Company at the Client's risk and the Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage thereof at a result of computer shutdown due to virus attack or any other Force Majeure event.
- 2. The Company reserves the right to destroy or otherwise dispose of any text or other property of the Client that has been in its possession for more than 6 months following completion of a Job to which it relates.
14. Force Majeure
- 1. The Company shall not be liable to the Client for failure to perform its obligations or any part thereof due to Force Majeure, including acts of God, epidemics, storms, labour disputes, breakdowns of facilities,computer failures, accidents of a translator, governmental order or regulation, or any cause beyond its reasonable control or any other situation that materially affects the Company’s ability to deliver the service as agreed upon.
- 2. In case of a Force Majeure event, the Company shall give notice to the Client as soon as it happens. While the Company will assist the Client to the best of its ability in arranging for other translators to take over the work or placing the work elsewhere in order for the assignment to be completed, the date of delivery shall be postponed accordingly or otherwise determined by the Parties through consultation. If the Client wants to terminate the Contract,it shall pay the Company for the work already completed.
15. Complaints and Settlement of Disputes
- 1. A complaint by the Client in respect of any Job delivered by the Company must be notified to the Company in writing within 35 days of receipt of the Job. If we do not hear from you within 35 days, the Job delivered shall be taken as accepted and no complaint brought up thereafter will be accepted.Any amendments required by the Client or reworking of the Job thereafter shall be carried out at the Client's expense.
- 2. Our liability for any complaint about a Job delivered will be no more than to improve it by rectifying the alleged inaccuracies until the job is accepted by the Client. At no time will such allegations delay payment.
- 3. Any dispute or claim arising out of and in connection with a Contract shall be resolved amicably by the Parties through consultation. In the event of there being no solution in despite of consultation, the dispute shall be submitted to the International Arbitration Center of Singapore for arbitration in accordance with its Arbitration Rules in effect for the time being. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the Parties.
- 1. The Parties hereto shall indemnify, defend and hold each other, their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees and related costs) arising out of the breach of any term, obligations, representations, warranties contained herein.
- 1. The Company provides its service on an “AS-IS” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company explicitly disclaims any warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- 2. While every effort is made with due care to ensure the text is perfectly translated, the Company disclaims any liability for any damage or loss that may be incurred by the Client as a result of any error or omission or negligence, or for any dispute arising from infringement upon a third part’s intellectual property rights.
- 3. We do not warrant that our Job will meet your specific requirements in terms of its accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise and, unless otherwise agreed upon, we do not warrant that the operation of any Job sent to you will be uninterrupted or error free.
- 4. We shall not be liable for any loss of profits, business, Contracts, revenue,damage to your reputation or goodwill, anticipated savings, and/or any other indirect or consequential loss or damages whatsoever.
18. Limitation of Liability
- 1. In no event will China-Link be liable to you or to any third party for any incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the the Job delivered by us, whether based on warranty,contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory.
- 2. In no event shall the Company’s aggregate liability to the Client or to any third party for any and all claims arising out of or in connection with the Job we have delivered exceed the total contract price payable to us by the Client under the Contract to which any claim relates. The limitation of damages set forth above is a fundamental element of the basis of the deal between the Client and the Company.
19. Governing Law
- 1. All Contracts shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
20. Website Links
- 1. Our website may contain links to third-party websites. You acknowledge and agree that China-Link is not responsible or liable for:
- (i) The availability or accuracy of such websites; or
- (ii) The content, products,or services on or available from such websites. Links to such websites do not imply any endorsement by China-Link of such websites or the content, products, or services available from such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any of such websites.